This week we kicked off the semester for our @ChicagoKentLaw / @SeyfarthShawLLP Legal Process Improvement / Legal Project Management Class. This 15 week two credit class will be among the very first of its kind to be taught at a law school.
I am very honored to have the opportunity to work with the Seyfarth Lean Consulting team – Kim R. Craig,Larissa Kruzel, Kyle Hoover on this course! #leanlaw #legaltech #sixsigmaforlawyers #LPM #legalprocessimprovement #legalengineering
This is the first conference I have helped organize since the 800+ person ReInventLaw NYC 2014 at Cooper Union and it looks to continue the conversation about #LegalInnovation #LegalServiceDelivery #LegalTech #LegalEdu #LegalAnalytics, etc.
Our speaking faculty includes:
• Scott Curran (Beyond Advisers & ClintonFoundation )
• Kate Johnson (Google)
• Joe Otterstetter (3M)
• Jim Guszcza (Deloitte)
• Lucy Bassli (Microsoft)
• Nicole Shanahan (ClearAccessIP)
• Bill Painter (Baker Donelson)
• Lisa Colpoys (Illinois Legal Aid Online)
• John Fernandez (Dentons/Nextlaw Labs)
• Lisa Damon (Seyfarth Shaw)
• Betsy Braham (ComplianceHR)
• Martha Cotton (gravitytank)
• Jeannette Eicks (Vermont Law – Center for Legal Innovation)
• Jay Hull (Davis Wright – De Novo)
• Ray Bayley (Novus Law)
• Nina Kilbride (Eris Industries)
• Alma Asay (Allegory Law)
• Gail Swanson (18F) + Porta Anitporta (18F)
• Betsy Braham (Neota Logic)
• Dan Katz (Chicago-Kent College of Law + LexPredict)
• Ryan McClead (HighQ)
• Neil Araujo (iManage)
There have been lots of interesting developments over the past two years and I look forward to the 20+ speakers, 1 Stage, No Panels … its should be pretty packed house …
Pretty useful summary which is something we try to teach our students in our Legal Analytics Course (which could really be called Machine Learning for Lawyers). BTW – For those of you who emailed us, we promise to fill out the balance of the set of free, online Legal Analytics course materials in the coming months.
As a member of the local organizing committee, I just wanted to mention that today is the final day for priority registration for the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence & Law in San Diego.